Womens SoulSounding Sound Play
Time & Location
About The Event
A vocal toning and sound exploration workshop. Journey into the heart in a safe space with Sound facilitator Joy Sylvia. She has had many transformative experiences using sound and toning to empower herself and others. Vocal toning and sound play is non-verbal expression that gives voice to the spirit and heart. This practice is based on emptying the mind and dropping into embodied creative expression. This workshop's focus is about en-powering you to connect with your own medicine songs, and most importantly the self as an instrument to befriend.
* This workshop is recommended, (but not required) before attending The Living Voice and Drum
- Explore vibration, harmony, and rhythm.
- Learn to tap into a more primal part of your expression
- Letting go of old stories about the voice
- Use your whole body as an instrument of rhythm
- Release unconscious emotional blocks
- Become more self-aware
- Develop stronger connection to spirit
- Increase emotional resilience and raise your vibration
We will be using the body, hands, breath, and voice to explore rhythm and sound play. In this way the body and voice become a more connected expression of your inner nature. Learn to use voice, breath, rhytmic body percussion, and movement to recalibrate your personal energy. A safe space is created where emoting what the heart calls for, whether it's primal, gentle, deep, ethereal, silent, bold, or soft. Allowing your heart and voice to be connected in a true expression of sound can tap into buried inspiration and promote healing.
I truly feel this is music medicine for whole being!
$38 PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY, LIMITED TO 8 WOMEN
Friday January 26th, 7-9:30 p.m
Held in the sacred space of our personal sound room. Upon registration you will receive an email with exact address. Cross streets are Hampden and Lowell in S.W. Denver.
Please arrive 10 min early so we start on time.
See more about Joy at www.joyouspool.com